W, speaking in NYC, related that NYC's gains are, in part, a function of NCLB. He forgot to mention that NCLB also led to the development of the iPhone - because if two things happen at the same time, one must have caused the other. Duh!
I'm convinced that NCLB is responsible for these phenomena, too, since they all happened after 2001:
- Hannah Montana
- A-Rod’s 53 home runs (Joe Torre closed the achievement gap)
- Feist’s numerical prowess (Feist sings the song from the iPod commercial: 1-2-3-4-5-6-9-10. And NAEP math scores are up?)
- The 2006 outbreak of e.coli in spinach (Ed Trust accuses Fairtest of poisoning crops to lower scores)
- The Tour de France doping scandal (as Sherman Dorn wrote, Vi8gra for ur tests)
- The rise of crystal meth (teachers, I know it's tough, but...)